Saturday, January 17, 2009

Flashback Friday

What's that you say it isn't Friday???? I know, but my amazing sister does a little thing called Flashback Friday (always funny and usually embarrassing, for me. I am on the young end of the family tree) and it is very fitting for my post today.

This Flashback Friday is dedicated to my friend Sarah.
Year: 2000
The Day: Halloween
The Place: Von Curtis Academy of Hair a Paul Mitchell School (I know what you are thinking....really that is the name......Don't worry they changed it, to.....The School)
The Point (of this Post): I have always been active in the LDS Church. Even when my hair looked like this....(I'm on the right)

(I know what you are thinking....I must be psychic today because this is the second time I've been able to read your mind today.....Anyway you're thinking it's Halloween you got dress up.....Well sort of....The hair was like that everyday for quite sometime. Except sometimes it was blue or green or purple underneath. I just fancied red the best. The picture also doesn't show all the the colors on the top...white, black, a little brown, and of course red. Also the red nail polish wasn't unusual. So why are you so plain you might ask? Because it's a lot of hard work keeping up being that beautiful. I have two kids and if I am able to cut my fingernails before they all break it's a miracle (last night 9 out of 10 were broken so I found the time and cut the last one, sad I know. I have 10 fingers, right? I considered counting just to be sure, I'm a little tired.)

Here is a picture with Tyson and I (we were just dating at the time). I wore a wig for part of the day.

Did I ever get to my point....Um I don't think so....My point is that it really doesn't matter what you look like on the outside if you are dressing modestly, keeping the commandments, are kind to others, attending your meetings (when work doesn't interfere), I could go on and on. You are a great person my friend and I like you just the way you are purple hair and all. But we may need to talk about the blue nail polish...just kidding. Keep it funky.

FYI: Yes that is a little kids pajama top I am wearing.

1 comment:

Sarah Tava said...

Haha I love you and the wig! Thanks for that though...it's not the same without you here! But hey hey i'm going up to Utah in July for a week... I'll be in Orem, but i hope to be able to see you!