It has been entirely to long since we have made it to the beach, a place that I love. There are people out there that believe having children won't slow you down, maybe you are one of them. But the truth is (at least for us) it does a little bit. Just thinking about the amount of stuff you need to bring is enough to make the toughest of Moms turn the car around. On top of that I have one of the palest children on earth and I am constantly worried about him and the sun even when he is smeared head to toe in SPF 50. With that all being said on our way home from Carlsbad I wrote a list of fun family things I wanted to do this summer, because if it's on a list you have to do it, right? Beach bonfire made that list. Since Maren and Brandon are still in town I figured what a perfect time. So we loaded up our 4 runner practically to the brim and headed down to Newport Beach. When we got there the wind was crazy but after a while it died down a little bit. We had a great time. Brandon's family came as well. The fire pits were empty. With all of the pictures we took we didn't manage to get a single one with anyone in it but our family (sorry everyone).
We have recently discovered that Aiden is terrified of sand (even while wearing shoes). After a lot of holding we set him in a chair and there he stayed for about 2 1/2 hours. Which as you all know is a lifetime for a toddler. At the end of 2 1/2 hours I saw him standing on the sand and was amazed only to discover he put a towel down on the sand and was standing on that.

Liam is such a wonderful and chill baby. It was nap time but we didn't hear much about it.


Aiden at his post with Mr Hat.

Liam chilling in the stroller.

A picture of the Family.

1 comment:
For me to say that kids slow me down 'a little bit' would be putting it way too nicely. I think that phrase, "I'll turn this bus around.." comes to mind every time I leave the house. I love your post of Aiden with the water bottles. All the little things that kids think up are so funny. I need to do better at writing all those little things down.
Post a Comment