Sunday, October 5, 2008

World

Late last night I SNUCK into Aiden's room to check on him before laying down for the night. Most nights he is not aware but last night HE CAUGHT ME. He sat right up and started to cry. I backed out of the room quickly and closed the door only to find myself going back in a few minutes later to COMFORT him. Wouldn't you know he wanted his DAD. After a couple of failed attempts to lay him back in his crib, we found ourselves laying on our bed. I looked over at Aiden laying on Tyson's chest with his ear pressed against Tyson's HEART and realized this is what LIFE is about. Soon Aiden crawled off of Tyson and climbed onto me. I could feel his steady BREATHING and the thumbing of his heart and knew that
WE are
his WORLD and HE is OURS.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

Very sweet.

Susanna said...

I love those moments. Thanks for reminding me to cherish all of them:)