Saturday, December 20, 2008

Safe and Cold

We made it to Utah on Tuesday. The drive was dry and wonderful until the mountain pass before Beaver Utah. When the sky opened up and started DUMPING SNOW. Blizzard like. My car was all over the road. I was just waiting to slide off the side. Couldn't even see Tyson driving in front of me part of the time. I was WHITE KNUCKLING it for quite some time. When we got to Beaver it was clear. So we pressed on. Only to hit another blizzard in the next mountain pass. But the boys were troopers. Seriously. Except for in Beaver when Liam was crying so hard he vomited (Luckily we were in front of a gas station and I had clean pjs at my reach). The 9 hour and 20 minutes drive took 14 1/2 HOURS. But we are here and safe and FREEZING.
I was too terrified on the drive to take any pictures. And what is a post without pictures. So here is some from last week.









3 comments:

Derek said...

That sounds like a rough adventure. This is a solid reason at why I am buying someone a plane ticket to ride with me when we move across the country for grad school and having Lacie fly with the little one. I am glad that you guys made it safely.

gamilaur said...

WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT YOU GUYS MADE IT SAFE AND SOUND. WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE NOW CLOSER AND WE CAN SEE THE GRANDKIDS MORE OFTEN. WE LOVE YOU

GAMILAUR

THE PICTURES ARE ADORABLE:)

Sarah Tava said...

We already miss you...